Please discuss any requests, changes or petitions with the appropriate faculty member BEFORE submitting any forms. After the form is submitted it will be sent to the necessary faculty needed to complete the form. Please make sure the information provided is accurate. Please allow up to 5 business days before inquiring about the status of your request. You will receive an email of confirmation from a member of our office once the request has been processed.
Students in good academic standing may elect to take at most one letter graded course per term as CR/NC for a total of up to four courses while enrolled at Kalamazoo College.
Your advisor’s signature is required.
This form is due to the Registrar’s Office on or before Friday of eighth week of the quarter during which Credit\No Credit is a course registration option
Before submitting the Credit/No Credit Form please read the implications of changing a class to CR/NC and speak with your advisor.
2021 Winter and Spring Exception to CR/NC Policy:
Kalamazoo College Faculty have approved adjustments to the CR/NC policy for the Winter and Spring 2021 terms only. The policy for these terms is as follows:
- All students may elect to take at most TWO letter-graded courses per term on campus as CR/NC (Credit/No Credit) in Winter and Spring 2021, with only the SECOND one of the two counting against the maximum of 4 courses over their college career (not including Spring 2020).
- Students may elect this option for at most one course in any one department. The CR/NC grade option is not available for Shared Passage Seminars or for the final course taken to satisfy the language requirement (i.e. 103 or 201).
- Letter-graded courses taken as CR/NC may not count towards any major, minor, or concentration (including required cognates), nor may they satisfy prerequisites for those course sequences that require a “C- or better,” without special permission from the department.
- Students who take a course for a CR/NC grade may retake the course for a letter grade.
- Students may choose to apply the CR/NC option at any time during the course up to midnight EST Friday 10th week. The professor will assign a letter grade as per normal procedure, but the Registrar’s Office will convert passing grades to CR and will convert an F to NC. (Professors will not be formally notified if students have taken this option.)”
If you have questions regarding this policy please contact the Registrar’s Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.